Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Work week is finally picking up.

Hey all,
This week so far has been rather eventless but my editor gave me a bunch of things yesterday afternoon to work on for the rest of this week, and to continue with next week.


Yesterday, I went with a reporter to a local funeral home as he was doing a story on the funeral homes postponing the HST tax on funeral arrangements. The government still gets their 8%, but the funeral home has deducted that much themselves so that people don't have to panic and make decisions too quickly.


I just took a simple shot, but here it is.


At 4:30, I headed over to the Langs Farm Village Association's company picnic to take a few shots. I focused on something new this year which was the appearance of one of two new horses for the Waterloo Regional Police. King was accompanied by two officers and the kids seemed thrilled to pet him and be around him.


This first picture below will be used as the main front page art in tomorrow's paper :)
Guess I better get off to my assignments for today. I'll post later when I get back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment