Monday, July 26, 2010

July 24

This past weekend, I went to two assignments on Saturday. One was the book launch of a local author, which i did for fun so I could meet her. Earlier that day, I went to a house of a girl who collects pop tabs to be put towards wheelchairs. She just handed in over 100,000 and is onto collecting for a second one. I brought her probably 4000 to start out and we put them all on the table outside for a photo. Here's what I have. 
I'm just starting the story so it should be in later this week. My Summer Company story will be in tomorrow's paper.

Danielle Voisin signs copies of her books at her book launch on July 24 in downtown Cambridge. Defining Someday is a book geared to help readers set and achieve their life goals.


Michaila Melanson, 12 has been collecting pop tabs since she was 10 and recently handed in 108lbs of tabs (167,400 tabs) that were used for a child in need of a wheel chair. She received an award from the Army & Navy in Stratford recently for her efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment