Friday, July 30, 2010

Fun in the Sun

Although this week is a four paper week, i'm surprised I wasn't busier. Yesterday, I went to Shade's Mills to take photos of kids playing at the beach to accompany a story one of the other reporters did. 
The photo I took from that got front page today. soooo cute.
Later that day, i went to the library to get some info on a summer reading program for teens. I don't have a photo for that story so I put it aside in order to set up a photo sometime next week.
This morning, right after i came in, I headed out to get a photo of people lined up at Roger's for the release of the new iphone. I talked to a couple people who had been waiting for 13 hours!! i think that'll go online and stuff so i'll post that. i just wrote a funny little story to go with it.
After lunch, I went to Katie Neil's to do an interview and photo on her. She's raising money for the OSPCA and humane society. She's collecting empties. I brought her a bunch to add to her collection. So far, she's raised between $150-$160 and her goal is $5000. Hopefully with the help of this article, she'll get more support from the community so she can reach her goal faster.
Hope everyone has a good weekend.








Jonathan Van Nierop, 2, enjoys the beach and his sand castle at Shade’s Mills on his first trip with his mom and siblings on Thursday.



No comments:

Post a Comment