Monday, July 19, 2010

July 16

This past Friday at work, I had two assignments. First, i had a photo op at the Galt Arena Gardens where some people were planting greenery and cleaning up the nearby creek. After that, I was off to African Lion Safari for the official introducing of the new baby Asian elephant, Jake.
I got to photograph them during their elephant swim and speak to the Elephant Superintendent, Charlie Gray.
Since I just finished working at safari, I went over to visit the girls at the playground before returning to work. Jeff let me go home super early so I left my photos for Monday.
The photo and story for safari will be tomorrow's front page story and main art. I'm very proud! :)
I hope my fellow safariers will enjoy the story, as well as everyone else who is following my work. I will post the link once it is posted to the website.




Reilly Henderson, Tim Rodgers, Mallory Vanier and Nick Krete, members of the Mill Creek Stewardship Rangers put down mulch on the freshly planted greenery on Shade St. on July 16 in the efforts to plant native species in the area and clean up the nearby stream.


Reilly Henderson, a member of the Mill Creek Stewardship Rangers plants some greenery on Shade St. on July 16 in the efforts to plant native species in the area and clean up the nearby stream.




Jake heads to the elephant swim, followed by Elephant Superintendent Charlie Gray on July 16 at African Lion Safari. Jake is the newest edition to the Asian Elephant family at the safari.




Jake heads to the elephant swim, on July 16 at African Lion Safari. Jake is the newest edition to the Asian Elephant family at the safari.


http://www.cambridgetimes.ca/news/local/article/849347--lucky-jake

No comments:

Post a Comment