Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 20

Good morning :)
I probably should be writing my next story but instead, i'm listening to the Pirates of the Caribbean 3 soundtrack and on here...and facebook of course lol
This week has gone by pretty slow. I went out on assignment for the first time yesterday to do a story on a program called Summer Company. While I was out, I got a ticket for being too close to a fire hydrant. Awesome...not. Oh well. 
On Tuesday, I interviewed an author who grew up in Kitchener and went to Preston High School. She just released her first book and is coming back to Cambridge on Saturday for the launch party. She submitted a photo to me and I wrote the story. It was published in today's paper on page 5.


I also wrote a story on the upcoming Mill Race Festival. That story was also published today, on page 13.


Today, I'm about to write the Summer Company story, as well as make the contact for a story on a girl who collects pop tabs for wheel chairs. I'm looking forward to it, because I have over 3000 to add to her collection.
Here's the photo of the 16-year-old girl who is part of the Summer Company program. The story will be in tomorrow's paper and I'll post the link once it's up. 
Have a great day!
L

Andrea Wong, 16, holds some of her StoryBaskets that will later be delivered to her customers. Wong is part of the Summer Company program which gives young students grants towards starting their own businesses in the summer. Wong decided to make and sell creative baskets according to different occasions. No basket is the same.


http://www.cambridgetimes.ca/community/article/852481--gift-of-experience

No comments:

Post a Comment