Monday, September 26, 2011

South Africa continued...

Along with all the local stuff I got to do, I also did a couple touristy things with my good friend Michael during my time in South Africa. Michael took me to a place called "Lion Park" which is the equivalent of African Lion Safari here in Ontario. I got to feed a giraffe and ostriches, as well as drive through the game reserve and give a couple new buddies a bit of a ride.



Above: Me feeding an ostrich.
People aren't kidding when they say these birds are really stupid!

Left: One of the highlights of my life was feeding my favourite animal, the docile giraffe.

This lion climbed into the back of Michael's Land Rover, along with another female. Who knew two full grown lions could even fit in the back?!


Left: While I concentrated on taking this photo with my long lens, i had my head out of the window a bit. bad idea. Michael started to put my window up and when i looked up from my view finder, another female lion was right in my face! Yikes!

Below: Michael feeding the idiot ostriches.


A couple days before I left South Africa, Michael drove two hours to a game park and we drove around all day looking for animals. It was definitely one of the top five best days of my entire life!


Above: Michael and I at the place we called "Epic Rock." The view was breathtaking. I really should've done his interview there. I'm still kicking myself for not.

 Left: Michael saw a dung beetle on the road so he went and grabbed it. It rode on his hand for a while, and then he insisted on placing it on me. I was a bit unsure of it at first and then I thought to myself, "I'm in Africa on a safari, what the heck!" so I took a personal plunge and even held it!



Below:
Here are just a few of the wildlife photos I took that day. It truly was one of the most incredible days of my life.






No comments:

Post a Comment