Monday, September 26, 2011

maaaaajor update!

oh boy! I am so embarrassed that I haven't updated in almost a year!
It's been a crazy and busy one though! 
Alright. To catch up from last October....
Two weeks after my last post, I set out on an incredible adventure for 6 weeks.

It started with me flying from Toronto to Boston, to Reykjavik, Iceland, to Amsterdam where I met up with my friend Rudo, and an hour later, my best friend Jamie who was studying in England for a year. It was Jamie's birthday weekend so we decided to see the sights and might I add that we had the best tour guide in town?! (Thanks again Rudo!)

Next stop; England for a week!
I spent time with Jamie around Sheffield, and then met up with my nephew's dad, Andy and he showed me around the London area. I don't think I could've asked for a better tour guide for England!


Jamie and I during our hike in the Peak District
outside of Sheffield, England.











Hiking up the hill, it was very foggy
but it eventually cleared and the view was so worth it!

The little town at the bottom of the hill called Castleton. It was such a lovely little spot.



Stonehenge- One of my favourite places. Such a strange thing to see but so brilliant and jaw dropping too.


Next, we went to Salisbury cathedral, not far from Stonehenge.
This cathedral has the oldest spire in all of great britain, mostly because it is made of stone and not wood, therefore has never been struck by lightning and burned down.

Blenheim palace was an amazing experience too. I cannot believe the size of it! Winston Churchill was born here and it really is a magnificent place to wander about.



 Andy was awesome and got us tickets to see a football match at Wembley stadium in London one night. England played France and lost terribly but it was still a great experience!

 Above: Tower Bridge by night! So brilliant!
Left: Big Ben :)

     Buckingham Palace. I wonder if Prince William was there! This was before he was officially taken by the way!


Here is Windsor Castle, the Queen's other residence. The fog was so thick that we had to ask for directions to the castle, which is absolutely crazy because it's HUGE! By the time we left, the fog had lifted and gave it quite a different look. Both I loved very much!




No comments:

Post a Comment